Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 20, 2012, 20:31 Jivaro

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 17:31:
If I wouldn't already know that the world is full of tards and morons I wouldn't believe my own eyes looking at this thread where a couple dozen dumbfuck tards of the highest order comment in their dumbfuck retarded way on a quote that has so blatantly been ripped out of context that even the blindest of all moles would see it.

Seriously. This is a new all time low, even for you guys. Well. Gratz, I guess... :o

Can you elaborate? I read the article a second time now....and then googled a similar article over at Venture Beat. I didn't misunderstand it the first time, and his quote sounds just as ridiculous in the context he was using it in as it does standing on it's own.

What exactly did we get wrong? Or more precisely, who specifically are you referring to? I am not seeing how the context, even if someone here did just give a knee jerk reaction to the quote out of context, would change anything in this particular case. People are reacting to the source of the quote. Had it been the CEO of Zynga, Ubisoft, Activision, or a handful of other crap producing publishers the reaction would be the same...in context or not. It of course drifted outside of social gaming and more focused on EA and it's business practices in general, regardless of gaming genre or type. Is that somehow a bad thing?

Edit: And to make sure we are on the same page...I read the context to be his commentary on social gaming and it's "overblown" rise and it's similarly "overblown" decline...in his opinion.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2012, 20:39.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo