Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 15:35 Steele Johnson

NicklePop wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 12:47:
I couldn't disagree more with the majority of responses here. I've put in well over 100 hours into the game.

There are absolutely massive battles going on, at LEAST 200 v 200 in a a small area. Now that the Sunderer is essentially an AMS (spawn point) people are parking them right outside bases and the team flows in at a massive rate.

Shooting mechanics are vastly superior to PS1, almost on par with BF3.

Certs are a little dicey yet, and draw too much from BF3. Also the fun little things about PS1 like nanite runs and other support related tasks are missing (thank the 'new' moron gamer).

Squads/outfits/platoons have voice chat in game, very nice.

So in summary, what this game needs is a bit more PS1 meta game and some more interesting and distinctive certs, and will be legendary.

^ this will probably happen.

So ... why they are releasing now? Not sure, but I hope it doesn't hurt the game, because it's going to be fantastic in 6 months.

I agree with this. I'm not sure what you other guys have been playing. Just the other night I was in a massive battle as soon as I logged in and it was incredibly fun! There's so many ways you can help your faction take control... it keeps everything really interesting!

I hope that the people who have never played it and are still on the fence don't base their decision on the naysayers. This game has the potential to be one of the most memorable games in the past 10 years. I do agree about the certs; a minor detail to fix. And I think they can still tweak armor/firepower, but those are the kind of things that always require adjustments out of the gate. Can't wait for this to go live!!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo