Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 10:40 spindoctor

I only played the beta for a while so I might be off base here, but for some reason I was unable to see the massive scale of the game. Sure, you have a huge persistent map but there are only a few 'flashpoints' as such at any given time. And once you reach one of those flashpoints, it's basically just another standard FPS map with a few control points or something that the different teams fight for. I don't think I saw any real battles greater than 20v20 or so. Nowhere close to the "100s of people fighting battles" that Planetside promises. Maybe populations were low because it was beta, but I don't know... the design of game never felt like it was pushing towards a battle that big. Guild Wars 2 WvW fights seem more hectic than that, probably because of the smaller map.

Can someone tell me what I was missing there? Or is the game really about 50 people at a time fighting for control of various points and never really becomes massive fights of hundreds of people fighting each other?

Still, I'm looking forward to the release. They've already confirmed it's coming to Steam as well, hopefully on the same date.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2012, 10:59.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo