Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: I hate hypocrisy and blind bias. Oct 17, 2012, 22:29 Prez

It's amazing the level of denial some of you EA haters will go to deal with the horrific notion that EA actually did something right or generous.

I freely admit I'm an EA hater (but given their long sordid history of being a shitty company, certainly not without cause) but if I saw there was credit to be given I would give credit where it was due. All I saw in the latest EA debacle was a ham-fisted and poorly managed attempt to gain some small measure of market penetration by giving people free games (a move so counter to their normal philosophy it serves to prove how desperate they are in my mind) which ended up being exploited like crazy. It couldn't have happened to a nicer company.

At what point does a company with a history of security problems and abyssmal customer service stop being "awesome"?

So that's what this is about? It pisses you off that people think Valve is awesome? Seems pretty petty to me. I think their customer service sucks, as I already detailed earlier, but that's not enough to make me start hating on Valve like you wish I would. It seems every service has had it's share of security issues lately, and while others might have raised hell I have always taken it as a matter of course considering the way things are today regardless of who it happens to. Valve isn't perfect, and not a person that I've heard said they are, but they have a long, LOOONG way to go to even come close to being as anti-consumer as EA is. The companies are almost polar opposites.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 22:41.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo