Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: MechWarrior Online Raises $5M Oct 17, 2012, 20:28 Bet

Flatline wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 18:00:
Keith wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:43:
I don't think the game is solid or fun at this point. My take is that some are so invested in seeing a successful mech game that they are willing to dismiss obvious and glaring problems. That is just my opinion. The graphics, the 'mech set up, the maps, the teams, the weapons, everything I see needs major tweaking. There is some inherent fun in knowing you are blowing some nameless face on the other side of an internet connection up, but beyond that MO isn't even as smooth or playable as some of the most basic FPS shooters. I don't get the sense that I am in a 75+ ton machine of death, striding over the battlefield to kill and be killed. I want to feel like those missiles are going to blow some shit up, or my PPC is going to make you think twice about popping over that ridge.

Well originally all the mechs had their tabletop armor values, but people were complaining that they died quickly, so they doubled the armor values of all mechs and only did slight weapon damage tweaking. That's why missiles and PPCs feel like spitwads.

It's been a very, very long point of contention with a lot of players ever since the choice was made.
It's going to get even more complicated with Endo armor being added. I kind of pity the devs having to make the hard choices. They get a lot of hate no matter what they do.

Pushing the open beta back was a very wise decision. Unlike people that are willing to throw down money on Founder's, the open beta public aren't going to be as favorable, in general. Good word of mouth out the gate from 'the rest of the world' would do this game wonders in the long term.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo