Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. It's console Doom 3! Oct 16, 2012, 23:11 hb3d

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 22:54:
Is this the edition that nobody asked for or wanted?
I've always played games exclusively on the PC including the original releases of all of the Doom games, and having tried this "improved" version of the game I can now say that I know what it feels like to own an XBOX360 or a Playstation 3. The paucity of the settings screens should make any PC gamer cry. This new version doesn't even support mods or existing third-party maps because Bethesda/id changed the archive file format for the game. There is no command console either (without command-line CVAR setting).

Or does it include duct tape?
Yes, in that you can turn on the flashlight at any time while still holding your weapon although there is no visible flashlight model.

And if you already own DOOM 3 on Steam, between now and November 13th you can save $10 on your purchase.
This needs to be changed to "And if you already own DOOM 3 on Steam, play that version and save your money." The only thing you're missing out on besides the consolitis are the "Lost" levels, and from what I have played so far, they should have stayed lost.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 03:15.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo