Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: GOG.com Announcements This Week Oct 16, 2012, 01:44 D4rkKnight

Jivaro wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:17:
Blackhawk wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 23:44:
No, you're not the only one. There are dozens of ways to get games. What made Good Old Games unique and appealing was that you could get so many really fantastic classic titles with patches (and frequently expansions) rolled in updated to run on modern systems for great prices. The Infinity Engine games, the two Might and Magic series, Blood, the Ultimas and so many others, and the prices were great. Nothing else compares to that, and with it becoming less of a priority for them, I fear the growth of their catalog of classics may start to slow.

Of course it will....sooner or later it has to slow down. I mean, there were only so many classics and they have already done the vast majority of them. To continue to be a profitable and stable business into the future they have to find a direction that can sustain them. They can't just rest on that one trick and call it a day, the well will run dry eventually. What they have decided to focus on is DRM free gaming...and I just don't see how anybody can complain about that. Obviously there are still a number of titles they can continue to pursue for their catalog, but not enough to run the business on that alone.

They haven't done the vast majority of them. There are easily 100's if not 1000's of more titles they could do. They have slowed down which is unfortunate but there is no shortage of old games for them to explore.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo