Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

96. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 13:19 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 11:12:
You know that you actually CAN play X that way, right? Nobody is forcing you to set up factories and own 800 ships. It's there if you'd like to do that but you don't have to. Especially since Terran Wars, being a one man operation who takes bounties, missions, hunts pirates etc is extremely lucrative, probably even more so than actually trading/building an empire.

I believe they're going to take away the multiple ships in X-rebirth and just concentrate on you in one ship. (A la the first X.)

Creston

That's true if you want to severely restrict your gameplaying experience. The amount of money you can make trading as an individual is miniscule next to the amount you can make by setting up a bunch of UTs. And that is dwarfed by the amount you can make by setting up some complexes. Which wouldn't be important, if it weren't for the huge cost of the bigger ships.

Not to mention the missions requiring more amounts of materials than even exist in the game at any one time. Or the ones that require you to have a decent class ship in order to have any chance of surviving them.

But even leaving all that aside, the game isn't balanced in that direction. In order to be a trader, you need to have a ship that makes it worth it, which means you're going to be in one of the TS class ships. You can fight for shit in those, which means any time you get jumped by pirates, you're dead. Or you can fly in a fighter, but then you can't do any trading because the cargo hold is too small. The recent X games have all been based around having multiple ships. That's not a problem, but it makes it less enjoyable for people who like the single ship style of game.

And yes, I know Rebirth is moving back to that style. I'm hoping they can pull it off well.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo