Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 12:34 Prez

PHJF wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 12:23:
The real reason is that Alien overall was a far better movie and thus worth closing a blind eye to its own logical fallacies.

Right, so all these discussions of Prometheus' lore and whatnot are moot. Setting all that aside, it was a totally forgettable movie. I didn't scream for my money back when it was over, but I didn't (and still don't) have any desire to watch it again.

In the end, yes, Prometheus was only an average movie at best in the general consensus (though I have met a couple of people who loved it, and who am I to say they shouldn't have?) but the level of nitpicking hysteria has reached epic proportions. It is just counterproductive imo. When I was younger and foolish I actually made my wife (girlfriend then) sit and watch Aliens with me despite her telling me she hated sci-fi with a passion. I figured it was such a fantastic movie there was no way she could not like it. Halfway through I noticed her checking the time and barely succeeding in surpressing eye rolls and laughter. She hated it! She thought it was one of the dumbest movies she ever saw, and proceeded to tell me in detail why. The laughably excessive complaining from supposed sci-fi fans about tiny minutiae in Prometheus reminds me of exactly that. Anyone who has ever enjoyed a sci-fi film has swallowed truckloads of insanely impossible stuff on the way, but now all of a sudden we need constant impeccable believability?

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 12:42.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo