Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 06:23 pnag

1badmf wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 22:38:
and for the record, i do appreciate the backstory and subtexts, but that's completely subsumed by the horrible script from the writer of one of the most illogical, pretentious, talentless shows in tv history - Lost.

For the record, I hated Lost too - as it literally made no sense. I watched every episode, tried to make head or tail of it, and even with 'help' simply couldn't. The same is not true of Prometheus, as I outlined in my last response (or at least on the points I outlined.) Lindeloff walked from Lost when he discovered he had painted himself into a corner.

1badmf wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 22:38:
...when the APOLLO astronauts came back from the moon they were placed in quarantine in an air tight chamber, but i suppose you think that was a foolish waste of time. that's because, well, you're an idiot. there really is no other explanation necessary - anybody with even a high school level science background can see the blatant stupidity...

Sooo... Let me get this straight... You're comparing a government run early space program, with three military trained pilots, that the world was watching... To one oddball scientist taking his helmet off? (As it is just Holloway at first, and they all do try to talk him out of it.) Tell me, was Jenner irresponsible when he didn't obey AMA guidelines for the first smallpox innoculation? Or was he a scientist working by himself? And Marie Curie! What an idiot! Her research killed her - would never happen in real life...

Oh wait, it did...

High school level science background? My degree, Masters and current undertaking of a PhD say otherwise. You thinking it's stupid does not make it so.

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:21:
...You could slam your hand in a car door for another two hours, too. But common sense would tell you that if it was painful the first time, it probably won't get any better.

nin - you didn't like it, I can appreciate that. But don't trot out reasons and when they're shot down come out with answers like "Wow, seriously?" or "And still unbelieveable."

They're non-arguments, you're better than that.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo