Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

153. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 14, 2012, 00:24 Kosumo

Fletch wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 17:52:
What a shit game. This isn't X-Com in the least. Just another dumbed-down money-grab created by console kiddies who have NO CLUE what made X-Com great. I could tell early on, when the developers started talking about how they would "improve" certain aspects of the game, that they were actually removing/changing exactly what made it a great game. Evenything that made X-Com X-Com is either entirely missing from this pile of shit, or is so simplified/automated it takes strategy completely out of the game. Where's my (functional) Geoscape? My multiple bases? My ability to outfit my teams as I see fit? Random maps? Ability to transfer items between team members? Interact with ground? Crouching? And what is with all these fucking cutscenes and QT events? A narrative? X-Com don't need a fucking NARRATIVE! PC gamers want to make it THEIR game, played how boldly or carefully they choose to play it, not follow some narrative-on-rails! Aliens invade, earthlings fight back. THAT'S all the fucking narrative a PC gamer needs to play X-Com! And, TIME UNITS? Where are my fucking time units?!?! The developers actually thought that time units were too much for the ADD-addled console crowd to deal with, SO THEY SIMPLY REMOVED THEM! How motherfucking stupid they must believe console kiddies are to remove something so fucking SIMPLE and straightforward as time units!

STILL waiting for someone to make X-Com, and not some "reimagined" dreck onto which they have simply slapped an X-Com title. This game blows. IT IS NOT X-COM! Fans of X-Com don't want the game "reimagined". We want X-Com modernized for today's COMPUTERS, not lobotomized for today's consoles! And as long as games are designed for multiple platforms, PC gamers will continue to want for good PC games.

Fuck you, Firaxis! FUCK YOU!

Thats so funny, now much money did they rob you of since you hate it so much - you should ask for a refund and they may give you one.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo