Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: 0x10c Interview; Test Footage Oct 13, 2012, 21:38 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:01:
The trailer is stupid, tbh, as I see nothing there to even get remotely excited about. Why are his laser bolts flying towards that planet? Does his space ship have no windows? (to be fair, I watched it with the sound off, so maybe he explains that.)

The more interesting thing would be if he made an emergent gameplay rogue/fps variant. However, he mentions FTL which, quite frankly, has zero emergent gameplay. Every single thing that happens to you in FTL is scripted. It happens randomly, but all those encounters are scripted. FTL doesn't throw something at you that the devs didn't prepare.

So him saying "Oh, and the landing gear breaks, and you have to spend resources to fix it" isn't emergent, because he'd script for the landing gear to break.

The point of mentioning FTL and the landing gear is that he wants to emphasize it not being a game about flying a ship through space, but a game about working on and managing a ship flying through space.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo