Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2012, 17:56 pnag

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 17:39:
Crew signs on, flies across the galaxy, wakes up and STILL doesn't know what their mission is.

Need to know? Top secret? Weyland was a Howard Hughes type. How is this a problem? Happens in movies/books all the time?

Crew that enters what is clearly a building (built by SOMEONE), with virtually no weaponry.

Just like in Alien? Cause those space truckers were armed to the mofoin' teeth! Oh, wait. THEY WEREN'T. Again, how is this a problem?

The helmet removal WAS stupid.

Why? It made no difference - the contagion wasn't airborne, the atmosphere was breathable. How is this a problem? Cause you say it's stupid?

A pilot and his crew who, at the drop of a hat, decide to sacrifice themselves and their giant spaceship.

Did you missed that conversation between Janek and Shaw about how there would be no home to go back to if the Engineer ship left? Or the earlier conversation when Janek says "Nothing will be allowed to go back"? I grant you, the motivation is quite weak, but no more weak than Ripley going back for a fucking cat...

A woman that can only run in a straight line to outrun a ship about to fell on her (and seriously, what are the odds of a circular ship managing to roll on it's outer edge like a wheel w/o falling over???).

Yup - sick of this one too. Did you see how wide that ship was? It was HUGE. Why didn't people just run out of the way of the towers falling on 9/11? Don't know what the odds of the circular ship rolling are, but I'm willing to bet you don't know either...

Another woman who has her stomach cut open and can magically run around the rest of the movie with almost no problems.

My wife had a C-section in May. Could pick up the baby instantly, walk within minutes. Didn't ask her to run as I'm not a total shit And that's with today's medicine. Not with sci-fi 2083.

Anything else? You did, you know, actually watch the movie, right? Cause I think that's the problem - most of the audience didn't. MTV generation who can't pay attention.

Look, I love Ridley Scott. But this story was a fucking MESS...

I love the guy too, and they said the same of Blade Runner in '82. The story was not a mess, most people just failed to pay attention. Most of the answers were right there.

If you didn't like it, fair enough, but most of the stuff you mentioned is, no offense, BS.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo