Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 15:51 Sepharo

Closed Betas wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 12:14:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 04:05:
Huh, that sounds pretty great then if there's little hassle. If I want some hardware that happens to be both at NewEgg and Best Buy I guess I can save on shipping and day of delivery time by driving over to Best Buy.

You still shop at NewEgg? not the same place anymore...
Amazon blows newegg away now with Prime, and I hate to say that because Amazon is helping put my company out of business.
You can get next day delivery even on a saturday from $3.99 weekday $8.99 saturday. and even same day delivery on some items.. yup same day

(edit certain areas, like LA, Chicago, etc)

Honestly hadn't occurred to me to use Amazon for building a new machine. This one is going on three years old so it's been a bit. However, I just tried it out and I'm going to stick with NewEgg. The prices were the same but I felt that NewEgg's site had a better user experience. I couldn't find how you do the multiple item stat comparisons on Amazon and that's one of my favorite features at NewEgg. Also for the time being NewEgg has the better review sections.

Although I mentioned shipping price/time when saying I might take BestBuy up on their price matching, I don't get all that excited about Prime. I'm not in a 1 day delivery range either. I tend to go to BestBuy if something breaks and I need a replacement "right now"... Usually headphones, so if I find them cheaper on Amazon or NewEgg I guess I just go to BB with the proof and get a discount.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo