Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: 0x10c Interview; Test Footage Oct 13, 2012, 14:42 Prez

We haven't seen enough to dismiss the game based on its graphics alone, unless one is a graphics whore.

I'm not dismissing it entirely, but the video made me extremely pessimistic that I'll ever play it because the visuals are terrible. In the 21st century I don't think I need to play a butt-ugly game, and I don't think that makes me a 'graphics whore'. I married a pretty woman but I don't think that makes me obsessed with looks. I play FTL, which has simplistic graphics, but it isn't ugly, just 'minimalistic'. Many indies have proven that you can make a game with a very small graphics budget look nice. Obviously he is aiming for the broadest market appeal here by making the game able to run on low spec machines (which was part of Minecraft's massive success I think), but I don't think considering myself outside his target audience means I'm obsessed with graphics; it's just that ugly visuals make a game far less appealing. Understanding that it is an early video, considering how Minecraft looked, I doubt I should expect this project to get a whole lot more visually exciting. If it does, great.

Minecraft didn't grab me; Terraria (the 2D Minecraft ripoff) totally did. I much preferred Terraria because even though it wasn't a graphical powerhouse its graphics were charming in their simplicity and it wasn't ugly.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo