Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 12:50 Axis

Closed Betas wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 12:14:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 04:05:
James Adams wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 03:20:
I currently work at Best Buy. I can confirm this is correct. We actually outwardly advertise it to people when they call in. We do price match online retailers including newegg.com tigerdirect.com and amazon.com We are an extremely profitable company regardless of what the negative media likes to paint. We will be just fine and we're really going in the right direction retraining our entire staff on doing whats best for the customer first. Best Buy will be around for a very very long time.

Huh, that sounds pretty great then if there's little hassle. If I want some hardware that happens to be both at NewEgg and Best Buy I guess I can save on shipping and day of delivery time by driving over to Best Buy.

You still shop at NewEgg? not the same place anymore...
Amazon blows newegg away now with Prime, and I hate to say that because Amazon is helping put my company out of business.
You can get next day delivery even on a saturday from $3.99 weekday $8.99 saturday. and even same day delivery on some items.. yup same day

(edit certain areas, like LA, Chicago, etc)

Newegg and Amazon are great competitors - both have advantages depending on what you are buying and who you are buying for -- and that's terrfic for us consumers.

What's NOT great for consumers is government intervention. Never is.

Govt makes a decent referee sometimes, but I don't want them helping their team of choice - ever.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo