Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

334. Re: Illegal WMD Apr 9, 2003, 01:14 Pedle Zelnip

First of all, it was never the UN's responsibility to "hunt" for the weapons. The UN was there to "confirm" disarmament, with a willing government.

True.

Let me repeat this again(for your thick skull)

I'm sorry, in what way does babar's "thick skull" contribute to the debate?

Hans Blix is loved by France(sold nuclear reactor and illegal munitions), Germany(built Saddam's bunkers) and Russia(sold jamming equiptment, provided training)

Hmm, that's interesting, can you provide some sources for those claims?

Why didn't we do this earlier?

Well, read the following:

http://merip.org/iraq_backgrounder_102202/iraq_background2_merip.pdf

It seems to imply that previously the US hoped that some of the factions surrounding Iraq would eventually bring about regime change. And certainly that would've been a politically more desirable way for regime change in Iraq to come about, as then you and I wouldn't be having this debate, as the current war probably never would have happened.

we are a "world community" now and can't just ignore problems in the world. If we ignore them, who else has the power do do the right thing?

But what is the "right thing"? Do you mean the morally right thing, or the right thing to preserve the interests of the US? (because the two might not be one and the same) And if we're a "world community", then shouldn't the world make the decisions, not just the strongest part of the world?

PZ

PZ
------------

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo