Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 23:59 RollinThundr

Jivaro wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 23:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 19:02:
Fantaz wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 17:51:
Hopefully this means better competition for EA Sports in the future.

Considering 2k/Taketwo already canned the rest of their sports line due to not putting the money and development improvement needed into the games to compete with EA, both NHL2k and MLB2k were essentially last gen port jobs that never progressed on this generation of consoles, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The only sports title Visual Concepts has put any effort into is NBA and that's only because NBA Live was so terrible for so long people wanted an alternative.

This will mark the second year in a row EA does not release a basketball game. I would be very surprised if Live/Elite doesn't come back for next year and give NBA2k a serious run for it.

They are probably just going to wait to release the next NBA Live/Elite until whenever the next gen consoles arrive. I kind of expected them to make one this year because the Wii U is releasing, but I guess they are gonna wait on Sony and MS.

That very well might be what they do at this point. Totally off topic but I just hope EA doesn't reboot NHL again on the next batch of consoles, because for a series that has been around for 20 years now, they pretty much have the closest to perfect hockey game we're prolly ever going to get.

I would hate to see all that work since NHL 07 get tossed out just due to a new console cycle.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo