Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 12, 2012, 20:23 HorrorScope

PC sales were down like 2% for they year or so from what I read the other day. OMG, run to the hills! Collapse? Sensationalists. Then again what market of PC are we talking, servers, business desktops, home, enthusiast? I mean for us all that I guess matters is home/enthusiast. It was still hundreds of millions of units sold.

These percentages are things Wall Street can sweat. I don't think it relates to hardcore gaming all that much.

Consoles are down a WHOPPING 24%, now there should be your headline.

Here is the article: (Put both lines together)
http://www.techspot.com/news/
50457-pc-shipments-fall-for-first-time-since-2001.html

"However, for the first time in nearly 11 years (according to Cnet), annual PC sales appear to be on the decline."

"iSuppli's numbers aren't particularly scary -- shipments are only down by 1.2 percent from this time last year"

"Manufacturers have shipped about 348.695 million PCs thus far, down from last year's 352.831 million."

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 20:30.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo