Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 13:15 Dev

One thing I've been disappointed vs original in is that the baddies have same sight range as you do. Does that change on higher difficulties? I'm playing the normal medium difficulty right now.
I understand why they did it, I'm guessing players got frustrated with dying out of nowhere from the original. And they cranked up the difficulty enough that you still die pretty frequently, especially at the start.
Just a little nit pick. Overall I'm quite enjoying the game.

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 05:23:
1. It looks like countries don't leave xcom funding until the end of the month, so if you have the opportunity, use your satellite before the end of the month.

This is great. I've had so many countries leave xcom because I couldn't get satellites up fast enough - I eventually started over. I'll still have that issue but this will slow it down. I assume there's no "perfect game" where you can prevent all countries from dropping before the end.

Edit: They also changed the default QuickSave key from F12 to F10. Now I won't take a screenshot every time I quick save
I have a perfect game by that definition so far. But I've been save/loading a lot
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 10:25:
It just seems weird that Countries are all panicked but I did not even have a chance to send a satellite over them and save them. Not because I've made wrong choices in the game but the game just doesn't let me build the appropriate building for more satellites yet.
That kinda thing (countries going to crap for unknown reasons) happened in original too. Its usually because the baddies have put a base or done missions in that area that you haven't picked up on yet since you dont have coverage over there. Another reason to build a sat in the worst panicking areas first

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 13:22.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo