Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 12:43 CrashTestDummy

descender wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:29:
You aren't missing anything. "Denying" is a boring and stale mechanic.

Valve had a chance to redefine these MOBA games into something FUN. Something as simple as an over the shoulder camera view would have done wonders to change the atmosphere and feel of DOTA2.

Instead they are wasting their time in trying to recreate something that a majority of players do not find entertaining what-so-ever... in a perpetual Beta for a game no one will ever want to buy.

Hmm, care to elaborate what exactly about denying is "boring and stale" ? You just throw out those terms as if they are totally objective assessments about the mechanic itself and representative of the popular sentiment, when in reality it adds another layer of depth and raises the skill ceiling for a game that essentially has only 3-4 active skills per hero.

I'm guessing that at the low-medium skill pub level that you and most of the community plays at, denying makes absolutely 0 difference to the game, and in fact might even hinder your gameplay if you focus on denying instead of last hitting the enemy creep. Either that, or you have played a few games with bots which unfortunately place too much focus on denying(due to the way their AI is scripted) unlike real players who actually focus on other things like poking and harassing their opposing lane player.

With regards to over the shoulder view, I am not a big fan of it, but there is one game that does that (SMITE). I feel that it takes away a lot of strategic depth, overview, team coordination and map awareness that are integral to this type of gameplay. Once you get into over the shoulder mode, it just becomes WOW Arena 2.0.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 12:55.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo