Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 11:27 Jivaro

They make a decent game, the competition waves the white flag before the battle even starts, and they marketed the hell out of it...I am not sure I find it to be exactly a shock that it is selling well.

Me personally, I don't know if I will be buying it anytime soon. I like to play sports games offline mostly. I don't have anything against online play, but I just don't use it nearly as much as offline play. With games like FIFA, Madden, or MLB The Show I can play offline without my game being affected by whether or not I am "connected" or "logged in". With NBA 2K12 as soon as 2K Sports decided it was time to start pushing people to get the new game, all of a sudden I started having incredible amounts of issues with it. If it can't log me in when I boot up, somehow it forgets everything I have done with regards to offline play. Fortunately I bought it on PC, so like pretty much everyone else I ended up having to use a hack and a 3rd party mod to get around it. Now that I am using such a mod there are plenty of people making unofficial roster updates, I can't say I see the need to purchase 2K13.

Funny enough, had they not dicked around with the offline play by making it dependent on your connection to 2K Sports online servers I would not have searched for a mod or a hack and I would have bought the new one...just like I do with FIFA, Madden, and The Show every year. The logic behind making my offline progress dependent on an online profile escapes me.

Oh well, buying the same sports game every year is a dirty habit anyway.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo