Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 02:34 Cutter

Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:37:
Dev wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:28:
Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:19:
It seems that I keep trying to play like I used to play the original - basically going on missions indefinitely without researching the objective-specific items and I am being punished for it. I tried getting to the third or fourth month without even having built an Arc Thrower or Alien Containment yet and all of a sudden 6 countries pulled out at once!

I think you can do it, but at least get containment and arc thrower. I've been doing something similar, but I got those early since I knew capping live aliens is important

I also suggest getting a 2nd satellite and ship or 2 in another continent ASAP. Thats mostly how you increase money, by the sats. Which also means it works out ok only being able to have one base, since you can have interceptors and sats in each continent.

Yeah I figured out that you need to build satellites and uplinks and be able to defend them the hard way. Which means I am basically forgoing researching any soldier equipment in my current game. It sure is gonna suck when I start taking on Mutons and Cyberdiscs with standard XCOM equipment!

X-COM has always been a game I don't mind losing at. I'm on my sixth game now and don't expect to win it either... but boy am I having a blast!

Yeah, I reckon 3/4 of the way through. However, I'm doing my first run through on normal - after a day of ironmode classic frustration - just to understand how eveything works. I think anyone going in classic ironman from the getgo is nuts. even just on normal it's still a bitch.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo