Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

89. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2012, 21:37 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 21:20:
Never played elite. It looks unplayably old. I don't think that mods can fix what I hate about the X games. I should check. Also, have you tried Black Prophecy? The combat is awesome. There's nothing else tho...

You've never played Elite?!? My God, man! lol...No, really, it's not as bad as it looks. It takes like an hour or so to get used to the control system and about another week or two to get used to the whole Newtonian physics/real-time orbital motion-thing...seriously, I've lifted off from a spaceport (on the planet itself), gotten up to a good altitude and just sat there in orbit and watched the space-station go by, the planet spin beneath me, the systems star come into sight and then go behind the planet...you have to put the time compression up a tick or two but it really is quite a sight! And when you have the new graphics, it makes it SO much better. Check out some of those pictures I linked. Some are as good as any space-sim out now, just as detailed w/bump mapping and everything. If landing on planets is the problem you have with X, then Frontier Elite has it covered in spades! And it's a procedural generated universe and it's HUGE! Not just little boxy sectors like X (which, I admit, are kind of annoying but I don't think about it much), everything is real life distances and time. You have to have the fuel, the funds and hopefully the luck not run into any pirates or raiders. If you 'blind jump' to get away, who knows where you might end up! Really, give it a chance. If you don't like it, well, then you don't like it. But at least you tried it.

I downloaded Black Prophecy a long time ago but never installed it. I heard so many mixed reviews and opinions that with all the other releases I just didn't have the time to try it. I still have the files though so I might give it a try finally...Tell you what, I'll try BP if you try Frontier Elite...sound fair?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo