Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

87. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2012, 20:17 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 08:27:
:p

I actually don't care that much about graphics or real physics. What I care about is actual exploration, a living universe and rewarding progression.

As do I, but at the moment we're limited to only a handful of sims - X, Evochron, and whatever Mr. Derek Smartypants is scheming with this month. And out of those, I'll take X any day of the week...including Sunday. The series has progressed so far since it's early beginnings and with the mods that have been released, it's about as good as you're going to get until something revolutionary comes along. Is Star Citizen it? I have no idea and no one else does either. I certainly hope so and I hope that it succeeds well enough to make other publishers and dev studios sit up and take notice that there IS room for space-sims in this industry. If there can be a frackin' street-sweeping simulation, there can be kick-ass, open-world Elite-style space trading combat sims...

And speaking of Elite, you all are aware that there is a kick-ass patch/mod for Elite3 that brings it's graphics engine into the modern era, right? Just look for D3D Frontier Elite (FED3D) and the Java version also. I've been playing it on and off for months and it's just SO much better than the original graphics-wise plus there's a mod-loader app with many mods for it as well. Check it out if you itching for something else...

EDIT: Some images of the D3D version of Frontier Elite

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2012, 20:22.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo