Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 20:16 Dev

Yakubs wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:19:
This is basically a meaningless announcement. Who cares what Microsoft allows on their "Marketplace"? You can still buy software outside of the marketplace in exactly the same way you do now.
No you can't, not if its a app. Metro apps are ONLY available through the marketplace and ONLY if MS gives their stamp of approval.
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:19:
There is plenty of time to boycott and bitch if/when that really proves itself.
It won't matter a bit. Since it will come on all new computers, including ones businesses buy. When a business buys a license for "windows" and downgrade it MS will still count it as a windows 8 sale. And of course, just like every OS before, MS will stop selling the earlier windows version fairly quickly.

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:22:
Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:17:
As a friend of mine once said, sit in a closed garage and smoke a few packs of smokes over an hour or two and you might feel nauseous. Do it with a running car and you won't be walking out of that garage.
Is this still true for a modern vehicle with a functioning exhaust system? I seem to remember reading a critic of a movie or tv show about someone doing this and how it wasn't valid any longer.
Even if ALL of the carbon monoxide is prevented (which its not) from a modern cat, you still have the issue of a combustion engine burning... oxygen. You can suffocate even if you don't get poisoned. My guess is it would be more painful and take longer. But I'm not going to test it.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2012, 20:28.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo