Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 11, 2012, 18:20 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:49:
Another thing to keep in mind is that Kickstarter devs don't have to deal with publishers or license-owner trying to influence the game's creative direction. The publisher or license-owner might want specific features or content in the game and in most cases, the dev has no choice but to comply, even if it means they have less time and resources for the rest of the game. With Project Eternity, Obsidian doesn't have to deal with any of these things.

Correct. I can see that certainly. A lot of milestone misses could be because of too many chiefs above causing more harm then good. But we've heard reports of devs simply not getting done what they agreed to, with near total independence.

This Kickstarter experiment is definitely going to be interesting to see how it all turns out. I'm totally for the originality coming back like the next guy and love kicking "blah blah artists" out of the loop as they are vampires of the cash needed for fostering content. They don't know gaming, they know how to control developers and little else. Yeah I have that much respect for BSA's.

How can I say this? I'm one of those old time coders that got out of games a long time ago because the effort to income to quality of life wasn't there in making games. Chiefs just added to the "I got to get the hell outta here". So I ended up in business programming, make more for 1/3 to 1/2 the work, solid quality of life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo