Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

143. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 11, 2012, 18:17 DarkCntry

Numinar wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 09:29:
WOW DarkCntry. Are you some kind of pro game tester? That is quite the acheivement. I hope the game below impossible isn't too boring for you, because by definition that difficulty is an unwinnable joke for people who just want to see the world burn.

Not entirely sure what you're aiming at. There's a very fine line between challenge and frustration, and with the current setup of Impossible it crosses well over that line and moves into infuriating.

I'm used to the old school XCOM trial and error setup, I also expect Impossible to be a very difficult challenge, but it is not challenging to be incapable of continuing progress through the game when you aren't given any possible avenues to succeed.

I've been through pretty much every build-order possible to lessen the Panic levels, but that doesn't help because there's too little money and too little infrastructure to achieve anything. I don't expect to keep all the nations, but I also don't expect it to be an unattainable situation.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo