Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

124. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 10, 2012, 23:48 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 23:38:
If you're getting murdered, just lower the difficulty. Starting on Classic is just insane, imo, and it really becomes very depressing in a hurry. On Normal it's a lot more do-able.

Brought a rookie along to act as fodder Stun Man, and not only did he stun a Thin Man, he then proceeded to lay fucking WASTE to FOUR Sectoids! He'd been hit twice, had 1 hp left, and he just went fucking Rambo! It was fantastic. Needless to say, he's been renamed Sly Stallone.

I could really use a build and research guide to know what to start with, though. It's a bit overwhelming, and I STILL CAN'T LAUNCH ANY FUCKING SATELLITES.

Btw, is there really a point to shooting down UFOs versus just letting them land? You face more crew obviously, if you let them land, but that just means more loot?

Just ganked my first Cryssalids, God, I forgot the sheer TERROR you feel when you see the fucking things charging towards your squad...
Btw, can you nut stun them? I tried stunning them twice with my fodder Stun Man rookie, and both times it wouldn't do anything. I was adjacent to them (THE TERROR!!!) and everything, I'd even shot them down to 3 health. Buh?

Finally, why for fuck's sake is a nano-shirt a fucking carryable item, rather than something you put underneath your armor? So I gotta choose between medkits or armor? Buh^2?

Creston

Creston

Doing much better this time through, tho I just wiped on a UFO landing mission. That'll be a reload for sure there, noway in hell am I going to allow nearly a full squad of ranked guys with a couple skills each bite it in one mission simply because my soldiers can't hit the broad side of a ufo while the aliens can kill you shooting through solid walls.

That's my one complaint about the game so far, the LOS is seriously screwy in alot of situations.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo