Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

67. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 10, 2012, 21:24 ItBurn

ItBurn wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 20:35:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 19:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 17:59:
How do we go 10 years with no space sims to speak of?

Heh what the hell have I just sunk over 80 hours into over the last week then? ... Um ya a 2008 space sim.

Looks promising, but with the budget and crew available I'm not holding my breath, unless he's planning just another story based space combat experience... but an open sandbox spacesim? We have that it's called X3 (TC with the CP MOD is sic)... Now what would be real awsome IMO is if Chris joined forces with Egosoft to create a truly wicked space game... Heh Egosoft +Chris +Star Wars Universe = OMG!

The X games are total shit, and I gave them a chance. There's absolutely no exploration, there's no reason to get better weapons (bad idea in fact) and it's plain boring. Now don't come and tell me, "but ItBurn, it does have X!", no it doesn't. Freelancer did it so much better that it's a crime they did it some other way.

Ok that was a bit harsh :p. The X games don't come close to scratching the itch that Freelancer left. They're a different game for different people. Personally, I haven't seen a space sim that scratched that itch yet. Black Prophecy definitely had the combat and mechanics, but it completely lacked everything else.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo