Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

120. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 10, 2012, 18:54 Paranoid Jack

On my second game after making a few huge base development blunders and loving this game more every mission. I haven't had this much fun with a turn based tactical game in years. That JA remake was fun but not as griping as this, not by a long shot.

I am at my first panic mission again and this one I actually have a chance of survival. The last game I was out numbered and swarmed by Chrysalids with conventional weapons and armor.

This time the mission came even earlier than last game but it auto skipped the tutorial part. I have bought Squad Size I & II, Wet Work, and Rapid Recovery. I'm waiting on the damned Satellite Uplink to finish so I can save South America. I notice two countries hit Panic Level Orange much quicker in this game. Then after my third UFO Crash Site mission it triggered the Panic Level of three nations to RED.

With a squad of six you can bring along some fodder... I mean new recruits to run ahead and collect civilians. This game is so good I am already hoping they have an add-on or larger DLC in the works. So very happy I got it for the PC too. The community should be able to tweak the gameplay.

Besides the wonky camera not being free to rotate my only complaint now is the aliens shooting through terrain. I have had one trooper pull it off but the aliens have us at about twenty to one when it comes to landing those impossible shots.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo