Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2012, 18:30 Panickd

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 11:22:
Beamer wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 11:11:
If you just want to put footage on YouTube and give tips, collecting money from YouTube's ads, then you can do that.

First sentence in that article:

Microsoft is tired of people earning money on YouTube clips of its games, so the company has decided to change the rules a bit

It is not very clear what do they consider videos that earns you money.

None of this is new. That language was always in their content usage rules and it's not just Microsoft that has those rules. If you want to post your Halo content out to YouTube, you're fine. Even if you do it on Google's partner program (thereby theoretically earning a little money from it), still fine. But if you want to start some major gaming channel to rival Machinima or Rooster Teeth then Microsoft would like to talk to you about a commercial license (which both those channels have with all the major players). So basically if you are trying to make a living from posting game videos you either need a commercial license or you need to partner up with someone who has one and be covered by theirs. That being said I doubt Microsoft is wasting the time of lawyers making them scour Youtube for violators and unless your channel becomes hugely popular (and, hopefully for you, profitable) I doubt you'll end up on their radar.

tl;dr - Nothing has changed. Move along.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo