Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 16:19 Flatline

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 16:15:
Flatline wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:27:
Techie714 wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:16:
Game looks so damn good! But why did he chose to privately fund this instead of using a Kickstarter where he "might" get more exposure? That is a lot of $$$ to get this thing going just by word of mouth & media....

Yeah, that's something else that sort of bothers me about this. That's pretty cheap just because he doesn't want to give up a few points in donations - and losing a ton of exposure in the bargain. Bad move IMO. And something else about accountability nags at me with all of this. So there will be a playable version next year, but the game really won't be complete for several years? And it sounds more like an MMO than SP with MP component. Hrm, I dunno. Just doesn't quite add up. I think my focus is going to remain on X-Rebith for now.

A few points? Kickstarter takes either 10 or 15% of your total haul. At 10%, raising 4 million would take a 400k cut. Nothing to sneeze at.

According to this, they take 5%. Amazon payments takes 3-5%. So that's 10, max. Not 15.

Thank you, I couldn't find that link and it had been a while since I heard the percentages.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo