Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 12:26 Tumbler

The video of that ship flying by was enough to sell me but there are several things that I'm confused about.

Not Kickstarter? - Why on earth would you crowd fund something like this outside of kickstarter? Space Sims are still a niche product so how does trying to get people off the internet in general to come and read about your game on your site net you more money than getting the HUGE variety of gamers that would see it on kickstarter. I think they're making a mistake if they are trying to keep this off kickstarter in order to avoid that 5% or whatever fee.

$30 entry - $30!? To get the game you have to spend $30 and it comes out in Nov 2014? I'm a fan of these games and while $30 is an amount I'm comfortable with spending I think you're leaving a SHIT TON of money on the table by keeping the starting price so high. I get the feeling that someone behind the scenes is obsessed with collecting X dollars per customer rather than making the best game possible. I am concered that money men are involved with this project and forcing the price to $30 to start is very concerning. I'd rather have that much more funding from people willing to give the game a try for $10 -$15 then people like me can buy into extra bells and whistles...which is another issue. Am I crazy or do the first 4 options have the same benefits?

Edit: Wait...so the $30, $35 level are both early access of sorts and are sold out already?! (which is odd since they show 5000 available and less than 300 of each have sold. So $40 is the entry level they're aiming for!?

I'm in for $125 with the refund if not fully funded box checked. The only thing I'm not clear on is changing my level because I don't know what these various ship types are. I can guess based on my privateer experience. I'm assuming the starting Aurora ship is a POS that has a single laser or something stupid like that. The Origin 300i is a bit better but still a multi role ship for combat/trading. I'm jumping on the wingnut funding option because I think I'd rather have the hornet. I'm assuming that this is "heavily" armed and fast. I can pick up a freighter later on.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2012, 13:17.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo