Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 10, 2012, 01:35 RollinThundr

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 01:22:
Creston, line of site + distance = crazy targeting. So if your squad can see the tango and your sniper has line of site they can take the shot from far away. And if you can get your sniper up on higher ground you also get a bonus. Plus rank perks have a certain synergy when you pick the correct ones. Of course the entire reason they have the different perks are to adjust the character to your play style. Though I wish there were twice as many options available.

Not to mention line of site is not always right in the game. You get a feel for the animations and can start to choose better. If the tango is hidden behind something and it says you have a 56% chance to hit don't take the shot. It's almost certain a miss. Of course if you see an alien taking a shot at you hidden behind something it is almost a certain hit.

Take that with a grain of salt. Its coming from a guy who didn't research properly. When I got to the first panic mission I got my ass handed to me. Starting over and four or five missions in again.

Totally starting over as well. Lost a full squad of ranked up soldiers, was having money issues anyway, and in trying to ride it out, ended up losing like 2 more squads worth of soldiers and was getting my ass handed to me.

If nothing else even on normal difficulty Xcom isn't a walk in the park. Enemy AI is pretty brutal and they don't make mistakes.

Really love the game, I generally don't really dig turn based, but xcom has that certain magic to it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo