Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 16:42 Slashman

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 15:05:
Slashman wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 14:54:
Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 14:34:
Slashman wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 13:49:
What really pisses me off is that I have to wait a whole 2 extra days to play just because I'm not in the US. Why in the hell do I have to wait when I pre-ordered and paid the same money as everyone else???

And sometimes you'll get it first. Some games will launch on Friday in the UK and the next Tuesday in the US.

Blame your brick & mortar system. It isn't like this hasn't been discussed to death. It will be broken soon, but for the time being every country still operates on its standard delivery dates. In part because there's the belief that more people will see something online and expect it to be in stores than there are people will see it online in other regions and expect it to be available in their own.

That would make more sense if I was even in Europe. I'm in the freaking Caribbean and Steam doesn't even treat me as a european customer. Maybe I'm outside classification or some such nonsense.

Do movies/games typically come out on Thursdays for you?

I agree it's silly, but given that it's about a billions degrees below zero in the US I consider it a worthy tradeoff for the awesome weather you're likely having. No matter what unfair advantage we're getting, it's a tradeoff for crappy weather!

So I have to get penalized for having decent weather now? Pout

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo