Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 14:31 Bhruic

Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 12:21:
The worst part is that the questions/answers aren't even particularly interesting in Prometheus. The plot just suffers from continuity and characterization problems. They didn't really seem to know how to handle such a large cast either, easily 3-4 of the characters could have been entirely removed without much effect. It tweaks my film OCD when they were so close to great but fucked up such obvious stuff.

Well, yes, that too. There were so many immersion breaking moments that I got mad by the end of the movie. In Alien, I was rooting for Ripley. In Aliens, I was rooting for Ripley. In Prometheus, I was rooting for the Engineer. The woman was so stupid that I was actively hoping for her to get killed. The only truly interesting character, amusingly enough, was the one character (from the Prometheus) who wasn't actually a human.

In fact, that really sums up the movie for me. Stupid characters. How that many stupid people managed to be selected for a $1 trillion project is mind boggling. Right from the moment the first idiot took off his helmet because the air was breathable, completely overlooking the possibility of pathogens/toxins/etc, I couldn't really understand how they could be so stupid. Meh, it's making me annoyed again just thinking of it!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo