Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 15:03 jdreyer

Yakubs wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:25:
Game reviews indicate that game reviewers like the game. That's all they indicate. Actually, in rare cases they don't even indicate that (when the journalist is forced to post a good review via management/publisher pressure).

I'm not telling anybody not to buy the game. I'm pointing out that these reviews are completely meaningless, as they always are.

I wouldn't say they're completely meaningless. It really depends on the reviewer, like our own JaguarUSF (sadly retired) who take their time and discuss the positive aspects and flaws of a game.

Also, I like to use metacritic and professional written reviews as a beginning not as an end. If I see a good review, then I'll go check out some podcasts: QuarterTo3, 3movesahead, GamerswithJobs, or even PCGamer. With several different people discussing the gameplay, asking questions, etc. I can get a good idea of whether or not I'll like it. Podcasts are unscripted, and often the participants have had a couple of beers and don't pull their punches. If you hype a crappy game, you'll get your ass handed to you by the other members. It's much more open and honest, and there's no "score" at the end, just discussion.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo