Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2012, 22:14 Jeraxle

Who said feathers were ruffled? It was a polite request passed along through the proper channels. There is no real reasoning behind signing posts. The user name is displayed beside the posts already. Users have a full signature field to add personalization in addition to a user profile which other users can click on. It just makes the less forums less pleasant to read and interact with, adding a bunch of useless space to every thread just bloats them up and makes others have to snip the text out of replies. The ignore function is not a real solution as users still see them in replies from other users.

If the site had no signature functionality I would understand it but it is totally redundant and unnecessary.

A polite request that has obviously been denied. People will continue to piss you off until Blue tells them to stop.

At first I didn't see it this way but seeing a few of the more immature reactions to a very reasonable request for consideration makes me wonder if it is just rooted in attention seeking.

The immature response was due to the absurdity of this subject. If you want to know exactly how stupid and petty this whole thing is, realize this:

I'm in Afghanistan getting shot at daily. I defuse IEDs for a living. Pretty much everyone in this country, and a few others, wants me dead.

Now how important does signing forum posts seem?

~Jeraxle

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo