Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Morning Previews Oct 6, 2012, 00:49 Creston

Prez wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 17:47:
That's the one. What I meant was waiting for them to release it - I already donated to the kickstarter multiple times. It looks to be more what I'm looking for.

Oh, my bad. Should have figured that... duh.

If you are excited about the Firaxis version, then great. X-COM is one of those rare properties that I love so dearly that I am super anal about it and freak out when anyone messes with the formula (Way more so than with Fallout, so I was able to enjoy FO3 and NV). I by no means think this game is gong to suck - It looks really good. It's just that they named it XCOM... Bah, I'm just going to stop posting about it. Everyone is excited about it and I don't want to sound like the guy who has to pooh-pooh everyone else's enthusiasm.

Nah, you raise valid points. Originally I thought that this wasn't going to have much going for it, but RPS has done so many really detailed and interesting previews, and has constantly said that they had many of the same misgivings and have constantly had them put to rest by playing (and having the game showcased) that I do genuinely think that this will be a worthy Xcom title.

To be honest, I don't think I could play the original Xcom anymore and just do 100 missions for the fun of it. (I think I once approached that number in Terror from the Deep. God, those HOURS I wasted trying to find that one last fucking monster that was hiding in a fucking closet somewhere, and since you'd just spent 30 minutes walking around a 9 level ship the size of the fucking empire state building, you opened that closet with your most experienced soldier's last AP, and of course the fucking alien was in there and he'd kill your top guy. FUUUUUUUUUU.....!!!!!

Xenonauts looks like an excellently faithful remake of the original. In fact, it looks so excellently faithful that I kind of have to wonder why they're bothering? It's not as if you can't get the original game anymore...

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo