Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

220. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 5, 2012, 11:11 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 10:44:
I dunno I don't think wanting to put an end to spending ourselves into oblivion is such a batshit insane line of thinking. Cuts have to happen somewhere, be it PBS or the Military or social handouts etc etc.

Military spending in America has been a runaway freight train for the past forty years. I'd love to blame everything on left leaning social assistance programs but they are a drop in the ocean compared to the the last two wars started under republican administrations. Making government smaller is not necessarily the answer either, there are several major areas of government that need to be expanded for more regulation and oversight. That's another long time Republican catchphrase that is outdated and needs to go away. We need more efficient and responsible government, making it smaller doesn't mean anything.

The Republican party needs a retooling, it can absolutely be the party that leads this country back to greatness but for too long we've been campaigning one way and governing another. We need the Tea Party lunatics out, they are driving the moderates in the party away or underground. We need a return to fiscal conservation and financial regulation where it makes sense. We need higher taxes, yes I am a Republican saying that. Our taxes pale in comparison to most other modern countries and we consistently want lower ones while desiring a higher standard of living. It is an equation that cannot work in the long term. A national sales tax could erase our deficit in under ten years. Taxation income needs to be more tightly controlled and budgeted, special dispensations should be made for addressing long term problems like the national deficit instead of allowing funds to flow everywhere freely. We need to heavily incentivize home grown jobs with more rebates and small business assistance programs instead of trying to fight outsourcing like the Dems.

I get so frustrated by how polarized politics in America have become, its more about fighting the other guy and retaining power than trying to solve anything.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2012, 11:17.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo