Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 19:42 MisterBenn

I really hope this is awesome, it looks fun but I'm a bit concerned. The streamlining in Civ 5 was too much for me, and things like abilities instead of inventory worries me in the same way. Part of the fun previously was organising the base output to have good supplies of decent weapons and it tied back into the science too. From what I've seen, the aliens always announce themselves with a cutscene so there is no getting shot at out of the dark, that's a bit of a shame. I think there's it will definitely have some fun in it but it might take a bit of a leap to embrace some of the changes.

I got the impression from one gameplay vid from an expo that some effort has gone into the head to head multiplayer. It looked like good fun, you could select from your faction's roster and fight it out over single maps and it gave the impression that the factions in that setting had effort put into them to balance them out. That could be an interesting new facet although it might be necessary to actually avoid the multiplayer unless you immediately see the entire set of aliens in your first sitting!

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo