Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Out of thBluee Oct 4, 2012, 18:55 Creston

Ravener wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 18:11:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 17:00:
But in any case, child, I'm sorry I wasn't entertaining enough. Run back to college and scream real loud how unfair the world is and how it NEEDS TO BE BETTER, DAMMIT!

Creston

Actually, I'm much more aligned with the Tea Party than with the OWS people, as you seem to suggest. And I didn't mean to insult you, just a bit weary of the cynical disengagement I see from some, when I think we need more informed participation instead.

Are you a Ron Paul guy? If so, I can understand some of the bitterness at the status quo.

No, I'm just tired of the two-party system where your only choice is liar 1 on the left or liar 2 on the right. Sure, you can vote for an independent, but they simply have no chance of winning, so what's really the point?

And neither the Democrats nor the Republicans would ever let another party get into any kind of "power" (metaphorically speaking), so this is all we're going to get to. Not that most other forms of government are any better, really. I think the Dutch government just fell for the 6th time in 10 years, so their way of doing things really isn't getting anything done either.

I just wish that maybe once, a candidate would be honest about something. "How are you going to tackle unemployment?" -- "Well, there really isn't much a president can do about that. We'll try what little we can to spruce up the economy, and give companies incentives to hire here rather than outsource everything, but that's about it."

As opposed to the "I WILL CREATE FOUR MILLION JOBS!" It's the exact same spiel he gave in 2008. Exact same number of jobs too.

So yeah, to me the presidential debate is just both sides bleating bullshit. They know full well that 95% of what they're saying is either impossible or they have no desire to do what they say anyway.

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 17:24:
That being said, everything Romney said was the opposite of what he'd been saying for the past year,

It's gotta be hard to keep all your lies straight for so long, ya know?

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo