Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 12:18 TheEmissary

Smellfinger wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:08:
Why have do we need quests at all? Why bother crafting a massive world if you force players to follow the same path from beginning to end? Non-linear exploration and freedom of choice used to be what differentiated MMORPGs like UO and EverQuest from single player games. It's pretty sad when a single player RPG like Dark Souls offers a more non-linear and dynamic experience than WoW, Guild Wars 2 or any modern MMO.

I would love to have true persistence in a MMO game. It isn't going to happen anytime soon because of the fact all 10 million people have to be a hero and the theme park model.

You know when I first heard about World of Warcraft around 2001'ish I thought It was going to be 3rd person equivalent of the RTS. Of course that was proven to be false and bit naive at the time. Needless to say I hoping for something where you would wage massive battles for territory and create or destory towns. It kind of saddens me a bit at the lost potential.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo