Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow Oct 4, 2012, 08:49 InBlack

coldcut wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 01:58:
ASeven wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:44:
Ooh, an EotB remake already in the works with 2 levels playable. Well, there goes my free time.
Unfortunately, we are still a good distance away from "proper" mods. The biggest problem is that you can't use own 3D models for your custom content. Which means that you'll have to deal with the same monsters over and over again. For me, that's a real immersion killer, it just won't "feel" like I'm in a different dungeon.

I checked the beta about two weeks ago, there were only a handful of mods available and two already had ratings in the workshop. These mods all used the same graphics and tileset as in the original game, thus making every dungeon look the same. Don't get me wrong, I loved Grimrock to death and would love to play awesome user content, but I just think that everything needs to mature a good bit.

Im sure they will eventualy find a way to let people incorporate their own 3d models/meshes into the game. Its coming and its going to be great.

I have a nifty blue line!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo