Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2012, 18:55 jdreyer

For reviews, whether it be movies, games, or whatever, I tend to find one or two reviewers who like the kinds of games I like, then I just read their reviews. If they criticize things I can live with, then my opinion of the game improves, and likewise, if they are big on things I don't really care about (for example, multiplayer) then I just focus on whether the parts I do are any good.

I was getting into Out of 8, he seemed very analytical and called things like he saw them. A shame that he's dumping written reviews. But given the amount of work it takes to produce them, I can see why, since what made him unbiased (no pay) made him so good.

Also, I listen to game podcasts, like GWJ and even PCGamer. In these shows games are discussed, and there's lots of back and forth and descriptions of play experiences that are more honest than a written reveiw b/c they're off the cuff and unrehearsed. All the GWJ guys are huge on FTL right now, and it sounds like my kind of game, so I'll definitely be picking it up. And while the PC gamer guys have really been into DayZ, it doesn't sound like my bag, even though it's not a problem with the game per se, I'll skip it.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo