Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

155. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 3, 2012, 13:20 netnerd85

D-Rock wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 13:08:
By the time I jumped in on the thread, it had already gone beyond GaymerCon. I disagree with the idea that drawing a line and making a bunch of noise to establish the fact that you are different, as the gay community is still doing, is an effective means of accomplishing social change or enhancing rights.
It's not about saying, "look at us, we are different". The message is "look at how the same we really are, so stop treating us differently". The media doesn't really help sometimes, nor do TV shows so you have to block that crap out.

We all separate into our "groups". Happens in school, work and social life, get over it and just accept not everyone wants to hang around certain people when they call others names and say stupid shit like "it's a fetish".

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo