Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 17:01 Creston

Elementalists are mega mega squishy. So yeah, they die very frequently. Like I said, the game is pretty hard. It's very easy to pull another 1 or 2 mobs into battle with you, and as an elementalist, you can really only handle like 2 or 3 blows. So you'll die in seconds.

You need to be very strategic about which mobs you take out at first. The aggro circle isn't very large when you walk through it, but it's larger when you damage another mob of the same type. Don't be afraid to kite for a bit if you need to, and if you have any kind of cripple effect or something, that'd help. I'd give you more specific advice, but I never played an elementalist. (well, I played one through the tutorial mission, then got overwhelmed by the fact she had four different attunements which meant 20 different abilities with a single weapon...)

As for the ping sound, do you mean almost like the sound of a cash register? It's probably the XP bar filling up because you discovered something. Check the bar at the bottom and see if it's climbing. I'm pretty sure that makes a ping'ish sound.

The undiscovered Vistas are typically particular points you need to jump to (it's almost always a small jumping "puzzle" of some kind.) If you look around, you should see an area with a little floating "map" on it. (It's in a ray of light and it's floating above the ground.) When you stand on it, you can hit F to view the vista, which gives you a really cool camera fly-by of the area (perfect for screenshots!!) and you get xp for discovering it.

I find discovering the vistas to be one of the coolest, and also one of the most frustrating things in GW2. (though frustrating mostly in a good sense, as they can be very tricky to figure out, but when you DO finally find it, it's a cool feeling.)

As for pants... er, my Charr has pants, but the elementalist girls apparently love hardly wearing any clothes. If you play a human one, she basically wears a (VERY) mini-skirt and a small garter belt. And that's it.

SLUTS!!!

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo