Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

117. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 2, 2012, 16:31 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:30:
Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:46:
Christians commit plenty of violence in the name of their religion. May not be suicide bombers, but ask your local abortion doctor what the 90s were like for him.

You can say there's no reasoning with me, in response to me saying it to you, but can you give me one non-bigoted reason to complain about gay marriage? Or, in the case of this, gay gaming conferences? How many people complain about the other themed gaming conferences? I already posted a Christian one, where are the pitchforks for that.

What's worse, RollingThunder, is you keep saying "I don't mind this" or "I don't mind that," but then what are you arguing with me about? About RailWizard's right to be annoyed by this? No one is saying he doesn't have the right, nor are we saying he doesn't have the right to call homosexuality a fetish. We're saying he's an idiot for doing so and clearly has some kind of anti-gay agenda. He denies it, but for godssake he called it a fetish. Maybe being a lefty is also a fetish?

This is what I mean by twisting. Name one instance where I said I'm against gay marriage? I'll give you a hint, I never said that. I was nothing more than debating the need for this particular con since I don't remember reading any outbreak of anti gay slurs at gaming conventions in the past. Not from E3, or PAX, or the Tokyo game show etc etc. Hell I live in Mass, gay marriage is legal here and it doesn't bother me one way or another because 1. it's none of my business what two people do in the privacy of their homes. 2. What does it bother me if same sex couples want to file joint taxes (the most likely real reason the gay community is pushing so hard to redefine marriage)

But hey apparently there's a need to shed light that there are indeed gay gamers. YAY! Lets throw them a ticker tape parade too.

No no no. Read my third paragraph - I said that you're claiming not to be against gay marriage. But then what are you arguing? Nowhere in what I quoted did I claim you're against gay marriage. However, given how you keep arguing with people that are for it and people that think this conference is no big deal, you're definitely arguing something, right?

And this gets back to my comment that you always seem to end up on the same side as RailWizard and Matshock (or whatever his name is) when you claim to have a much more neutral point of view than they do.

They're not asking for a ticker tape parade, they're asking to have a gay friendly game conference that they're organizing and paying for. You are expected to do absolutely nothing in this transaction. But it somehow still rubs you the wrong way...

Eh I'm more so indifferent really. Just don't really grasp the point of it to begin with aside from another soap box to look for attention for a particular special interest group.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo