Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 15:23 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 19:09:
There are still quality things out there. A good set of knives, cookware - cast/iron/enamel/copper, pepper/spice/coffee/rice mill - Peugot, etc. will all last you a lifetime and a few generations if taken care of. So, it's not that it's not worth dropping the coin, you simply have to distinguish what's popular - brand wise - versus what's actually good. If you're buing something every few years to replace a shitty product you may as well have dropped the coin to begin with and have the superior product in the first place.

Actually, that's very true. It depends on the object. I was thinking of appliances, but you're right, I have cast iron pans and a set of expensive Henckel knives, both of which have gotten 10 years of daily use, that are still basically brand new.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo